Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What A Lift After A Hard Day At Work!

After a very busy day at work two weeks ago after just starting a new assignment, I came home and checked my email to find this:
From: Rebecca
Subject: I Got Your Book!
To: "karen&Gerard Zemek"
Date: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 4:43 PM

Karen, I am so excited I wanted to tell you-- I ordered your book and just came in from Amazon today!!! It looks SO COOL. I am looking forward to reading it. I've been wanting to read it ever since you first blogged about it-- Praise God I got a new writing job and am able to afford books!

I will be writing a review on it soon, on my blog. I flipped through it a little and am very blessed by the Appendix D. :D When I'm done reading it, I'm going to give it to my kids to read, or perhaps we will read it together after dinner every night.

Congrats on a really nice book! Did you ever write a post about how you got a book published? I think that is an incredible feat. I'd love to read your story about that.

Rebecca

I actually did write a post about how I got published. It's "How I Found A Publisher" on my PNN blog at http://karen.pnn.com.

I was happy to hear she was 3/4 of the way through when I asked if she started reading it yet two days later. She said her son hijacked it and she hadn't seen it all day.

Be sure to read her review at Freaky Frugalite.

To find out more about my book and why I wrote it, read the Foreword here. Maybe you would like to order it too. There is a tab at top that says "Buy Book" which takes you right to the page on Amazon.com where you can order it.
Tweet This

Tweet Me from My Funny Dad, Harry

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice e-mail to come home to.

I know I enjoyed your book so much.
Your Dad was amazing and funny.
Now I want to read your post about How you found a publisher.
Do you think you will write another book?

Have a great day.
Pam

The Silver Age Sara said...

It's a wonderful book and I'm glad you are getting the notice you deserve.

jude8753 said...

I read Rebbecca's review and thought it was wonderful and felt very bad that I haven't finished yet, but things have been strange for me, so I apologize for not finishing and writing the review I promised. I hope your life is going well, have a great weekend...Jude

tahtimbo said...

I just went by and read her review. I have wanted to read your book for some time, but after reading her review, I want to read it even more. I'll be saving m money and getting it. Oh, can I have it autographed after I get it? (Yes, I am being serious).

Helene said...

That is definitely a nice lift at the end of a hard day!

I'm gonna go read your post about how you got published!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your book! I'm sure it will do very well. Visiting from SITS. Hope to see you soon at my place.

Lynn

"My Funny Dad, Harry" Book Giveaway

Congratulations to all the winners of the giveaway for "My Funny Dad, Harry" at Red Pine Mountain. I am so happy that four of my regular commenters won! Read what Tim thought of it at Everyday Living.